Monday, April 14, 2008

Don't Guys Clean Up?


There is a Bounty Paper Towel commercial on tv right now that is really upsetting me. A man and his son (presumably...commercials force us to make assumptions that support the status quo) are looking down at a spill and trying to determine how many Bounty towels it will take to clean it up. Eventually, the mom (presumably) emerges to reveal that it is a "1-sheet job."

The next shot shows a woman's hand (presumably) cleaning it up.

As someone whose work is based on the exploration of family values in the modern, progressive context, I can't believe that guys can't clean up on tv. I mean, I am angry enough that they don't let kids clean up. But it's dads too.

Actually, now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't be that surprised.

But I can still be upset.

1 comment:

npjohnson said...

Sometimes tv is still so outdated! Very frustrating.